We often come across the term ‘Organic’ while shopping for our groceries. Many of us wonder that is it just a fancy word added to Veggies? Indeed not! The term ‘Organic’ has a very deep and healthy meaning behind it. Let’s find out!
1. What is the meaning of the term ‘Organic Food’?
Any food grown without the use of chemical fertilizers, pesticides or genetic modifications is Organic Food. Generally, Natural ‘desi’ seeds are used to cultivate Organic crops. To protect the Organic produce from insects and pests, they are sprayed with Dashparni Ark, Jeevaamrut and other organic sprays. This Ark contains Cow-dung, Cow-urine, Organic buttermilk, and various Ayurvedic Vanaspatis, thus making it chemical free.
2. Why choose Organic food over chemically grown food?
Answer to it is in the question itself. Who prefers eating chemicals? No one! Even though not visible to naked eyes, chemically grown produce contains chemical residues which cannot be removed even after rinsing and washing them. Nowadays, eating toxic chemicals in the form of vegetables and grains has pushed mankind into the world of excess health issues.
Ill-effects of eating chemically grown food have been seen over the years:
1. As per the National Cancer Registry Programme of the India Council of Medical Research (ICMR), Cancer Patients have been doubled in the last 3 decades.
2. As per Office of the Registrar General & Census Commissioner, India, the life expectancy of human beings has been declined from 100 years in 1950 to 70-80 years in 2018.
3. A recent study by NCBI (The National Centre for Biotechnology Information) has found that rates of new cases of diabetes in children and teens rose from 2002 to 2012.
4. Over a few years, an increase in various diseases such as Heart Diseases, obesity, high blood pressure, birth defects, etc. have been observed by National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases.
In order to feed more people, cheapest and effortless option opted by all of us is to consume chemically induced food. Now it’s time to think about quality rather than quantity.
Benefits of #GoingOrganic:
1. Lack of pesticides and chemicals in organically grown produce helps us to reduce the risk of nerve damage, cancer, high blood pressure, diabetes, obesity, and many other health issues.
2. Daily consumption of organic vegetables and grains helps to increase the immunity power. For example, Satvyk’s Khichdi Mix is a unique blend of various nutritious grains, which helps us conquer these benefits. Click on the link below to know about all the perks of eating Organic Khichdi:
3. Green Leafy vegetables are known to be rich in proteins and fibers. However, one can benefit from them only if they are organically grown, without any use of pesticides and chemicals.
4. Helping save the environment is one of the important benefits to #goingorganic. Soil carbon in soil is the most important content which maintains the fertility of the soil. Due to continuous spraying of chemicals and pesticides, soil carbon has reduced from 3% to 0.2% in the past few decades. Organic Farming helps to maintain soil carbon rate. Organic farming also helps to establish sustainability, biodiversity, clean water resources, soil building, etc.
Our mission from the very beginning has been to serve the society with delicious comforting food to nurture lives all around. Explore a plethora of our exclusive products to make a meaningful difference in your lives. So let’s make the switch today! Go Organic! Go Healthy!